Lionsgate UK has announced that three more cult classics will be joining their Vestron Collector’s Series. Originally releases by Vestron Video, these classic cult horror titles are restored and remastered on Blu-ray™ and packed with hours of special features.
First up is Francis Ford Coppola’s first ever film, Dementia 13.
Dementia 13 is quintessential gothic horror, wrapped in the twisted mysteries of a family’s deepest, darkest secrets. A widow deceives her late husband’s mother and brothers into thinking he’s still alive when she attends the yearly memorial to his drowned sister, hoping to secure his inheritance. But her cunning is no match for the demented, axe-wielding thing roaming the grounds of the family’s Irish estate in this cult favourite featuring Patrick Magee (The Legend of Hell House, A Clockwork Orange) and Luana Anders (The Trip, Night Tide).
– Introduction by Francis Ford Coppola
– Audio Commentary by director Francis Ford Coppola
– Prologue (Dementia 13 Test)
Run time: 75 mins
Pre order the Blu-ray from Amazon here: https://bit.ly/Dementia13Vestron
Next is the Charlie Sheen and Randy Quaid starrer, The Wraith.
Charlie Sheen, Nick Cassavetes (Face/Off), Sherilyn Fenn (Twin Peaks), and Randy Quaid (Independence Day) star in this turbocharged cult classic! When four glowing orbs crash into each other over the Arizona desert, they leave in their wake a badass Dodge Turbo Interceptor, and its enigmatic, helmeted driver. The next day, the mysterious Jake (Sheen) appears in the town of Brooks, catching the eye of Keri (Fenn) and the ire of Packard (Cassavetes), the ruthless leader of a gang of street racers. When gang members start losing races, and lives, to the Interceptor, the recent death of Keri’s boyfriend suddenly seems connected to the arrival of Jake, the unbeatable car…and an avenging entity called The Wraith.
– Audio Commentary with writer/director Mike Marvin
– Audio Commentary with actors Dave Sherrill and Jamie Bozian
– Isolated Score Selections featuring audio interview with co-composer J. Peter Robinson
– Tales From The Desert – An interview with writer/director Mike Marvin
– Rughead Speaks! – An interview with Actor Clint Howard
– Ride of the Future – Interviews with stunt coordinator Buddy Joe Hooker and transportation coordinator Gary Hellerstein
– The Ghost Car – Interviews with visual effects producer Peter Kuran and effects animator Kevin Kutchaver
– The Wraith Filming Locations: Then and Now
– Theatrical Trailer
– TV Spots
– Alternate Title Sequence
– Still Gallery
Run time: 93 mins
Pre order the Blu-ray from Amazon here: https://bit.ly/TheWraithVestron
Last is the classic campy vampire movie Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat.
The road to Purgatory is paved with good intentions, and Count Mardulak (David Carradine) wouldn’t have it any other way. He’s seeking atonement for centuries of human carnage, which is why he’s instructed Purgatory’s vampire residents to slather on SPF 100 sunblock, pursue daytime activities… and drink only synthetic blood. But some vampires don’t agree with Mardulak — they want the real thing — and if that means wooden bullets flying in a vampire civil war, so be it! This wild horror-comedy also stars Bruce Campbell (The Evil Dead franchise), M. Emmet Walsh (Blade Runner), and John Ireland (Spartacus).
– Audio Commentary with Director Anthony Hickox and Director of Photography Levie Isaacks
– Isolated Score Selections and Audio Interviews with Music Historian Randall Larson and Producer Jefferson Richard
– Wild Weird West – An Interview with Director Anthony Hickox
– Bloodsuckers from Purgatory – An Interview with Special Make-up Effects Creator Tony Gardner
– Memories of Moab – An Interview with Actor Bruce Campbell
– A Vampire Reformed – An Interview with Actor David Carradine
– A True Character – An Interview with Actor M. Emmet Walsh
– Theatrical Trailer
– Still Gallery
Run time: 104 mins
Pre order the Blu-ray from Amazon here: https://bit.ly/SundownVestron