Connect with us

Review

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW 6×13 “Silence of the Sonograms” Review

Matt reviews the 13th episode of LEGENDS OF TOMORROW season 6 saying “Matt Ryan once again really brought it home…”

Published

on

Legends of Tomorrow (Warner Bros. Television/The CW)

Legends of Tomorrow season 6 stars Caity Lotz, Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano, Tala Ashe, Matt Ryan, Olivia Swann, Jes Macallan, Adam Tsekhman, Shayan Sobhian, Lisseth Chavez and Raffi Barsoumian. New episodes air Sundays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW.

Synopsis

With the Legends on high alert and an unwanted guest in their custody, Ava is tasked with the interrogation while Nate and Sara watch. Meanwhile, Mick struggles with the terrible pain in his head, so Gary tries to manage it the best he can. Lastly, Zari enlists Astra and Spooner to help figure out what’s going on with Constantine.

Review

Constantine’s addiction takes centre stage this week giving Matt Ryan the chance to really take his performance to the next level.

Picking up to where we last left off, Bishop is now alive again and on the ship but is quickly locked up by Sara.  
I’m mixed about Bishop as he is an entertaining villain, he’s not really too interesting in terms of what the Legends have gone up against in past seasons.  He reveals he is completely human now and the last of the clones as Sara destroyed his facility when we last saw him.  However he is only 94% Bishop, the remaining 6% is Sara which seems to include her fighting ability! 

This part of the episode quickly turns into a character piece for Ava and her secret struggles with not being a real person, her attempts to interrogate Bishop leads her to actually being sympathetic to his situation as he too is a clone and he claims to consider Ava and Sara his only real family. 

Rory meanwhile has entered labour and Gary is the only support he has (admittedly the Legends are clueless when it comes to birthing aliens through someone’s ear), but in an incredibly strange twist, Bishop is able to break out of his cell and traps the Legends while he helps Rory give birth (stealing his communicator in the process but more on that later).  Now admittedly I had thought, is Bishop actually going to be a new member of the team? But alas this man is steps and steps ahead and has something incredibly sinister in mind for Constantine.

Speaking of which, this is very much the crossroads for Constantine.  Zari confronts him, noting he was the beast in the game last week which almost cost the entire team to actually die.  Finally seeing what Behrad was trying to tell her.
Leaving Constantine to rest at his house, she recruits Astra and they both unlock the blocked memories of Spooner from when she joined Constantine in Spain and it’s revealed what really happened so Zari manages to steal his potion and force a confrontation between him and the three women.  
He chooses Zari and throws the potion away pleading for her help and they agree to isolate in his home until he has beaten his addiction. 
This was not to be sadly as his dark side physically beats him within an inch of his life while Zari is away and returns the potion to him forcing John to take it and allowing the Dark Constantine to take over.  Bishop reaches out to Dark Constantine and they make an agreement to help get John’s magic back and we’re left wondering for another week!

Matt Ryan once again really brought it home and showed how destructive an addiction can be to a person, whether it be magic, booze, drugs or gambling.  He is a man at the end of his rope and Matt’s performance was raw and emotional.  Credit to Tala Ashe as Zari who was trying to be the strongest girlfriend to John despite his actions.

Verdict

With two episodes left of the season it’s worrying where John Constantine of Earth Prime will end up, especially knowing the character is not in the next season (although Matt Ryan will be but in a different role?) but if there is any team in the Arrowverse who can save John from himself, it’s the Legends!

If you are or know anyone suffering from an addiction and please reach out to loved ones and charities such as Action on Addiction on 0300 330 0659 and enquiries@actiononaddiction.org.uk.  You are not alone and it is never too late to save yourself. 


Follow us on Facebook, on Twitter @GetYourComicOn, or on Instagram at GetYourComicOn. If you have a story suggestion email feedback@getyourcomicon.co.uk.

Advertisement

Sign up to our newsletter

Become a Patron

Advertisement

Trending

GetYourComicOn.co.uk is a property of Get Your Comic On Ltd. © 2021 All Rights Reserved. Images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies/owners.