Some breaking news that we have all been hoping for: Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios have struck a deal for Spider-Man to remain in the MCU!
Variety is reporting that the two studios have struck a deal which would allow Tom Holland’s Spidey to appear in a sequel to Spider-Man: Far From Home which would remain in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The deal is also said to include one further appearance for Spidey in another MCU movie.
the third Spider-Man film from Marvel Studios is set for a July 16, 2021 release, officially adding another film to the previously announced Phase 4 release slate.
Speaking of the announcement Kevin Feige said “I am thrilled that Spidey’s journey in the MCU will continue, and I and all of us at Marvel Studios are very excited that we get to keep working on it, Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”
More on this story as it develops…