Disney has confirmed that the fun-filled summer adventure Luca will be coming to home video later this month. The Pixar adventure, set on the Italian Riviera, will arrive on digital, 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on August 23rd.
In case you missed it check out the film’s trailer right here:
Bonus features confirmed to be included on the release are:
- Our Italian Inspiration – Experience the joy of discovery as Pixar artists travel to Cinque Terre, Italy, to absorb the beauty and culture of the coastal region which inspired the characters and the quintessential Italian backdrop of Luca.
- Secretly A Sea Monster – Explore the artistry and technical innovation of Luca’s transformation from sea monster to human, and how the theme of transformation is central to the emotional journey of the main characters.
- Best Friends – Best friends can challenge us, inspire us, annoy us, and encourage us. The cast and crew of Lucashare their own stories about how besties influenced their lives, and how those experiences informed the creation of screen pals Luca, Alberto, and Giulia.
- Deleted Scenes
- Introduction – Director Enrico Casarosa introduces scenes not included in the final version of Luca.
- Starfish Hunt (Alternate Opening) – Luca explores the shore and the sea, gathering mussels and starfish, in this serene alternate opening to the film.
- Isola Del Mare (Alternate Opening) – Luca welcomes viewers to the quiet island he calls home.
- Festa Del Mare – The boys go to a festival filled with fun…and danger.
- Here Comes Giulia – Giulia explores Isola Del Mare, where she meets Luca and Alberto, and asks so many questions.
- Gelato Trouble – Giulia offers to treat Luca and Alberto to something called “gelato.”
- Sea Monster Cannery – Luca dreams about a magical place filled with Vespas and gelato, but things aren’t quite what they seem.
Luca‘s all-star voice cast includes Jacob Tremblay (Room, Wonder) as Luca Paguro, a bright and inventive 13-year-old sea monster with endless curiosity — especially when it comes to the mysterious world above the sea; Jack Dylan Grazer (We Are Who We Are, Shazam) as Alberto Scorfano, an independent, free-spirited teenage sea monster with unbridled enthusiasm for the human world; Emma Berman as Giulia, an outgoing and charming adventurer who befriends Luca and Alberto; Maya Rudolph (Bridesmaids, Saturday Night Live, Big Mouth) as Daniela, Luca’s mother; Marco Barricelli as Massimo, Giulia’s father; and Jim Gaffigan (The Pale Tourist, Troop Zero) as Lorenzo, Luca’s father.