Today we have another exciting announcement from Amazon Prime as the company reveals it has greenly a new series based on the best selling novel The Peripheral by author William Gibson.
Check out the full press release below.
Amazon Studios greenlights The Peripheral, based on the William Gibson bestseller, from acclaimed producing team Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy’s Kilter Films and Warner Bros. Television
LONDON, UK – 14 November 2019 – Amazon Studios has today announced that it has greenlit the one-hour drama,The Peripheral, based on The New York Times-bestselling novel by William Gibson, from the critically-acclaimed and Academy and Emmy Award-nominated writers, producers, and directors Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy (Westworld), their company Kilter Films, and Warner Bros. Television. The Peripheral will launch globally on Amazon Prime Video.
The Peripheral centres on Flynne Fisher, a woman trying to hold together the pieces of her broken family in a forgotten corner of tomorrow’s America. Flynne is smart, ambitious, and doomed. She has no future, until the future comes calling for her. The Peripheral is master storyteller William Gibson’s dazzling, hallucinatory glimpse into the fate of mankind, and what lies beyond.
“35 years ago, William Gibson invented the future. With The Peripheral he brings us another look, and his vision is as clear, intoxicating, and terrifying as ever,” said Nolan and Joy. “All of us at Kilter are incredibly proud to be supporting Vincenzo and Scott’s brilliant vision for bringing Gibson’s work to the screen.”
“We’re thrilled to announce The Peripheral as our first project with Jonah, Lisa, Athena and their talented team at Kilter Films,” said Jennifer Salke, Head of Amazon Studios. “This story calls for a masterful level of talent to bring acclaimed author William Gibson’s science fiction thriller to life. We are excited to partner with Warner Bros. Television, Oscar-nominated writer Scott B. Smith and Vincenzo Natali in bringing this fantastic new series to our global Prime Video customers.”
The Peripheral is from Amazon Studios and Warner Bros. Television, in association with Kilter Films. Executive producers are creator and showrunner Scott B. Smith (A Simple Plan), director Vincenzo Natali (In the Tall Grass),Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy, Athena Wickham, andSteven Hoban (In the Tall Grass).
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium subscription streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies—all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as Good Omens, The Grand Tour, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Homecoming; the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sickand Cold War, and Mindy Kaling’s Late Night; plus exclusive TV shows like American Gods, Vikings and Outlander; as well as live sport including ATP Tour and US Open Tennis and Premier League football,and self-published content. All part of Prime Video, which is now available in over 200 countries and territories worldwide.
- Watch More with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 70+ channels like Discovery, ITVHub+, Eurosport Player, hayu, STARZPLAY and more — no extra apps to download; no long term contract required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. To view the full list of channels available, visit amazon.co.uk/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and entire seasons of TV shows available for all Amazon customers to rent or buy.
- Instant Access: Watch where and when you want with the Prime Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets, games consoles, on Virgin’s V6 TV Box, the Talk Talk TV set top box, Apple TV, Chromecast, BT TV or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit amazon.co.uk/watchanywhere.
- Enhanced Experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favourite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Watch anywhere with mobile and tablet downloads for offline viewing.
In addition to access to movies and TV shows included with Prime, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free delivery options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited access to a rotating selection of thousands of books and magazines with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: amazon.co.uk/prime
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.