As we start another week under the restrictions of the Coronavirus pandemic we though we all needed something to smile about. So today we’re taking a deep dive on the amazing opening sequence from Warner Bros. Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn).Read more
VIVARIUM will be released in UK and Irish cinemas and on digital March 27th 2020 courtesy of Vertigo Releasing.Read more
Paramount Pictures has debuted our first look at the upcoming animated adventure movie Rumble. The film takes place in world where monster wrestling is a global sport and monsters are superstar athletes. Check out the first full trailer below!Read more
Amazon Prime has debuted a new behind the scenes video delving deep in to the world of upcoming sci-fi series Tales From The Loop. From executive producer Matt Reeves and based on the acclaimed art of Swedish artist Simon Stålenhag, Tales from the Loop explores the town and people who live above “The Loop,” a machine built to unlock and explore the mysteries of the universe.Read more
The DC UNIVERSE streaming platform has surprised fans by adding a sixth episode to its original mini-series DC UNIVERSE All Star Games: The Breakfast League. Airing on Friday, April 3, the digital subscription service also announced that the entire mini-series will be available free to fans that same day. Originally slated for five episodes, the show’s surprise sixth episode will now serve as the finale first installment of the anthology series.
Streaming exclusively on DC UNIVERSE, the first season of DC UNIVERSE All Star Games features a nostalgic role-playing adventure, The Breakfast League, from Executive Producers Freddie Prinze, Jr. and Sam Witwer. DC HEROES, the famous 80’s post-crisis role-playing game, sets the stage for the first season in which Vanessa Marshall, Claire Grant and WWE superstar Xavier Woods also join as players. The five players role-play as a group of high schoolers from the 80’s stuck in Saturday detention. As they improv their way through a variety of situations familiar to beloved 80’s movies, they soon discover their destinies as the world’s greatest super-heroes.
DC UNIVERSE members can catch up on the first five episodes now on DC UNIVERSE and can catch the conclusion to the cast’s exciting adventure on April 3. Also starting on April 3, fans outside of DC UNIVERSE can view the first episode for free and register to view the rest of the series without payment.
DC Comics has unveiled a brand new trailer for the upcoming YA graphic novel Gotham High, written by Melissa de la Cruz with stunning illustrations from Riverdale comics artist Thomas Pitilli. Check out all the details in the press release below.Read more
BOOM! Studios has announced the BOOM! Retailer Support Services Program, a comprehensive set of initiatives effective immediately to aid comic book shops worldwide affected by the current health crisis.
The BOOM! Retailer Support Services Program will initially deliver the following benefits to qualifying accounts pending details being finalized with Diamond Comic Distributors:
- Full Returnability Through June: BOOM! Studios will extend the industry’s best returnability program, the BOOM! Guarantee, by making all items that ship between March 18th through June 24th fully returnable via affidavit in order to allow retailers to order with confidence. Any retailer not already enrolled in the BOOM! Guarantee can sign up for free right here.
- #BoostYourLCS Paid Promotion: BOOM! Studios will increase targeted advertising and promotion around comic shops, and specifically spotlight stores offering Safe Services (like curbside and mail order options), using the #BoostYourLCS hashtag to reach over 360,000 fans worldwide. A full list of BOOM! Guarantee and Safe Service retailers (with regular updates) can be found right here.
- Rare Variant Cover Gift Set: BOOM! Studios will offer retailers a direct cash infusion by providing previously released rare and popular variant covers for free to qualifying Diamond accounts in April. These gifts will create an opportunity for retailers to generate additional revenue and promotion at no cost. For retailers who do not normally sell variant covers at an increased price, these can be used to reward loyal pull-box subscribers or used to further incentivize customer engagement as prizes or purchasing rewards.
- Monthly 1-Per Store Variant Covers: BOOM! Studios will provide new, previously unannounced 1-per-store variant every month through December 2020 free to qualifying Diamond accounts. This program will begin with a new 1-per store variant for Faithless II #1 in April, followed by Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #51 in May, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow #1 in June.
- Diamond Summit Variant: BOOM! Studios will deliver our promised free Diamond Summit retailer variant cover for Faithless II #1 to all qualifying stores in April so that retailers don’t miss out on this hotly anticipated issue.
- Exclusive Convention Variant Opportunities: BOOM! Studios will offer select variant covers and other items previously planned for 2020 conventions direct to retailers through Diamond, as long as supplies last. Since fans can’t go to conventions, we’re bringing the conventions to the fans!
This program includes BOOM! Studios’ support and participation in future industry-wide, coordinated joint initiatives with Diamond Comic Distributors and other participating publishers to benefit and support comic book stores.
“We are deeply committed to working together hand-in-hand with our retail partners through this period of disruption. BOOM! Studios is proud to take both immediate and long term steps to support those on the front lines of our industry,” said Filip Sablik, President of Publishing & Marketing, BOOM! Studios. “TheBOOM! Retailer Support Services Program we’ve outlined today is just the start of our efforts, which will evolve as we receive more feedback from retailers. We believe publishers should earn their space on our retail partners’ shelves and at no time has that belief been more important than now. We invite retailers to participate and share ideas to enhance our efforts together.”
Diamond Comic Distributors and BOOM! Studios will be sharing more information directly with retailers as soon as it is finalized to clearly outline how to receive benefits from the BOOM! Retailer Support Services Program.
One of the most exciting games releases of 2019, Control, from 505 Games and Remedy Entertainment has just released a brand new expansion pack which delves deeper in to the hyper stylised supernatural world of the Oldest House.Read more
Diana: Princess of the Amazons is available now where all good books are sold!
Eleven-year-old Diana leads an idyllic life on the island of Themyscira. Cut off from the rest of the world, she’s beginning to feel a little alone. Though she has a loving mother and many “aunties,” she is an only child. In fact, she’s the only child on the entire island!Read more