Things over at DC Films continue to be somewhat of a mystery. We last saw their slate at Brazil Comic Con back in December. At that event DC and Warner Bros. were still showing off the logos previously seen at San Diego Comic Con in July 2017.
Since then Walter Hamada has taken over as head of the studio so it was only natural some things might change. Rumours published over at Screen Rant point to a slightly slimmed down slate of films which are “officially” heading to wards production.
Let’s start with the confirmations:
- Aquaman – in the can and due for release in December this year.
- Shazam – entering production now.
- Wonder Woman 2 – confirmed for November 2019 release and entering production this year.
- Suicide Squad 2 – no release date set but due to enter production this year.
- The Batman – currently under script rewrite with director Matt Reeves.
Industry insiders point to Nightwing and Man of Steel 2 as dead certs for production which are due to be announced shortly. There are rumours circulating that prior to the soft reception to Justice League the studio had planned to announce Man of Steel 2 this month. That announcement has now been pushed back. This is to allow the studio to craft a more fan faithful film.
Justice League Dark, Batgirl and Green Lantern Corps remain off the slate for now.
It’s worth taking this with a pinch of salt as other rumours circulating the web this weekend point to other films in the DC pantheon remaining in development also.