During this incredibly difficult time for the comic book industry, Dark Horse Comics has taken the decision to suspend sales of all digital comics whilst the physical distribution of books has been suspended.Read more
During these uncertain times the comic book industry is taking a major financial hit due to the shut down of stores across the globe. Last week Diamond Distributors confirmed it would also cease shipping of all products until such time as it is safe to begin normal business activities.Read more
DC Comics has unveiled a brand new trailer for the upcoming YA graphic novel Gotham High, written by Melissa de la Cruz with stunning illustrations from Riverdale comics artist Thomas Pitilli. Check out all the details in the press release below.Read more
BOOM! Studios has announced the BOOM! Retailer Support Services Program, a comprehensive set of initiatives effective immediately to aid comic book shops worldwide affected by the current health crisis.
The BOOM! Retailer Support Services Program will initially deliver the following benefits to qualifying accounts pending details being finalized with Diamond Comic Distributors:
- Full Returnability Through June: BOOM! Studios will extend the industry’s best returnability program, the BOOM! Guarantee, by making all items that ship between March 18th through June 24th fully returnable via affidavit in order to allow retailers to order with confidence. Any retailer not already enrolled in the BOOM! Guarantee can sign up for free right here.
- #BoostYourLCS Paid Promotion: BOOM! Studios will increase targeted advertising and promotion around comic shops, and specifically spotlight stores offering Safe Services (like curbside and mail order options), using the #BoostYourLCS hashtag to reach over 360,000 fans worldwide. A full list of BOOM! Guarantee and Safe Service retailers (with regular updates) can be found right here.
- Rare Variant Cover Gift Set: BOOM! Studios will offer retailers a direct cash infusion by providing previously released rare and popular variant covers for free to qualifying Diamond accounts in April. These gifts will create an opportunity for retailers to generate additional revenue and promotion at no cost. For retailers who do not normally sell variant covers at an increased price, these can be used to reward loyal pull-box subscribers or used to further incentivize customer engagement as prizes or purchasing rewards.
- Monthly 1-Per Store Variant Covers: BOOM! Studios will provide new, previously unannounced 1-per-store variant every month through December 2020 free to qualifying Diamond accounts. This program will begin with a new 1-per store variant for Faithless II #1 in April, followed by Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #51 in May, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow #1 in June.
- Diamond Summit Variant: BOOM! Studios will deliver our promised free Diamond Summit retailer variant cover for Faithless II #1 to all qualifying stores in April so that retailers don’t miss out on this hotly anticipated issue.
- Exclusive Convention Variant Opportunities: BOOM! Studios will offer select variant covers and other items previously planned for 2020 conventions direct to retailers through Diamond, as long as supplies last. Since fans can’t go to conventions, we’re bringing the conventions to the fans!
This program includes BOOM! Studios’ support and participation in future industry-wide, coordinated joint initiatives with Diamond Comic Distributors and other participating publishers to benefit and support comic book stores.
“We are deeply committed to working together hand-in-hand with our retail partners through this period of disruption. BOOM! Studios is proud to take both immediate and long term steps to support those on the front lines of our industry,” said Filip Sablik, President of Publishing & Marketing, BOOM! Studios. “TheBOOM! Retailer Support Services Program we’ve outlined today is just the start of our efforts, which will evolve as we receive more feedback from retailers. We believe publishers should earn their space on our retail partners’ shelves and at no time has that belief been more important than now. We invite retailers to participate and share ideas to enhance our efforts together.”
Diamond Comic Distributors and BOOM! Studios will be sharing more information directly with retailers as soon as it is finalized to clearly outline how to receive benefits from the BOOM! Retailer Support Services Program.
DC Comics has had great success in recent months by resurrecting the world of Neil Gaiman’s Sandman and expanding on the universe he created. One of those expanded universe series is The Dreaming: Waking Hours by writer G. Willow Wilson and artist Nick Robles.
But who is Ruin? We’ll let the publisher tell you all about him in the press release below!Read more
BOOM! Studios is offering fans a first look at the upcoming second issue of its five-issue series King of Nowhere. The series, from acclaimed writer W. Maxwell Prince (Ice Cream Man) and artist Tyler Jenkins (Grass Kings), is an excellent new supernatural thriller that we highly recommend you add to your reading list asap!Read more
Momentum keeps building as Batman heads to “The Joker War,” and “Their Dark Designs” hits its penultimate chapter with April’s Batman #93, featuring major revelations on the Designer’s plan!Read more
Your First Look at POWER RANGERS:RANGER SLAYER #1 Special From BOOM! Studios
Discover the Shocking Consequences For Kimberly Hart in Lord Drakkon’s Universe in June 2020
BOOM! Studios, under license by Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS), today revealed a first look at a brand new one-shot special issue POWER RANGERS: RANGER SLAYER #1, from acclaimed Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Saban’s Go Go Power Rangers writer Ryan Parrott, superstar artist Dan Mora (Once and Future, Klaus), colorist Raúl Angulo, and letterer Ed Dukeshire. This all-new one-shot, available in June 2020, features the villain turned fan favorite hero herself as she makes a choice that sets the stage for an epic event that reverberates throughout the universe!Read more