The main event from the fan-run “Justice-Con” was obviously the digital panel involving Zack Snyder and his Justice League. Last night, he unveiled a first look at Superman donning his iconic black suit. Including the first look, we also got a lot of new information regarding his cut!
Let’s dive into it!
Let’s start with the clip, shall we? So this scene was originally shown as a deleted scene for the theatrical cut of Justice League. One thing to note in the deleted scene is that Superman was wearing his blue spandex, not his black suit. Zack shared some insight as to what actually happened.
“We had done little adjustments to the suit that would make it easier to adjust... We had done a bunch of private experiments to make sure we could switch it, because frankly [the studio] was just not into it. I knew it was the correct evolution for him after he rose from the dead. But the perception of the black suit was just, ‘You’re trying to make the movie dark and not hilarious.'”
The entirety of Superman’s scenes were shot using his classic blue suit. However, with the newly crafted suit they were able to essentially drain all the colour from it to give it that black and grey appearance without damaging the rest of the shot.
This was probably the biggest tease of them all and the fans went crazy for it. But the little teases here and there gave a great indication as to how the cut is coming along.
Check out what else we found out from the panel!
1) Snyder confirmed that most of the work required to finish his Justice League is VFX work. His cut, which he dubbed his “Ultimate Version”, was completed in February 2017.
2) He hopes to be able to show Justice League as a 4 hour movie, how he originally intended. However, he also confirmed that during the upcoming FanDome fans will find out whether it will be a full movie or a series.
3) The new length will be used to properly dive into each of the Justice League members. Since Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg didn’t really have much time to flourish, this new cut will be able to explore each member properly.
4) Steppenwolf’s design has been described as “Scary and Creepy”.
5) Ray Porter, who voices Darkseid, confirmed that a majority of the movie had been shot and he flew to Los Angeles to shoot motion-capture and face capture.
6) The title of the film will most likely be “Zack Snyder’s Justice League”, however there are some legal issues to work through first before it is officially confirmed.
7) His cut was originally filmed using a 1:4:3 aspect ration intended for big screens. Restoration work is currently being done to restore the ratio from the theatrical crop.
Zack giving us a lesson on aspect ratios!
8) Any scenes or shots which are the same as the those from the Theatrical cut is due to the fact that they are Snyder’s work. He also added: “I would destroy the movie, I would set it on fire before I would use a single frame that I did not photograph.
9) Junkie XL is working hard on the score. While a large portion of it was already completed before Whedon stepped in, Tom Holkenborg is gearing up to finish the entire soundtrack.
10) A new t-shirt will be available. The t-shirt has “Associate Producer” printed on the back as he considers everyone who helped make this possible producers.
11) Snyder avoided questions about Green Lantern.
12) More footage has been confirmed for DC FanDome on August 22nd. “For sure it’s a teaser.” says Snyder.
So there you have it. That was a large majority of the information that came from Zack Snyder’s panel. We hope everyone enjoyed watching and we certainly hope that everyone will be tuning into DC’s FanDome in August- You won’t want to miss it.
Make sure to check out more news here.