One of the great pleasures of attending shows like MCM Comic Con London is the chance to get sneak peeks at new upcoming products. One of those we got our hands on at the May 2019 show was Pacer.
Pacer is a futuristic combat racer for PS4, Xbox One and PC which will definitely make you nostalgic for anti-gravity racing games of the 80s and 90s. We had the chance to play on a couple of the games tracks and we have to tell you it was an immersive experience which really got us hyped for the games release.
We’ll be telling you all about our experience of playing it in our MCM Comic Con special which drops this weekend.
Before we get in to the detail here’s a look at the trailer:
At launch, Pacer will bring 14 different tracks and five customisable craft to the table, building upon R8 Games’ goal of both recapturing and expanding upon the spirit of the anti-gravity racers that made their mark in the 1990s. Likewise, play will also feature a stellar soundtrack that will immerse the player in both original and licensed tracks from CoLD SToRAGE, Dub FX and many more.
Pacer features: –
- Unique Storm Mode for single player and multiplayer: Life or death in a contracting field of play – the first ever Battle Royale arcade racer
- Spectator Mode: Follow any pilot with Chase, Nose, Orbit or Environment cameras while displaying all race stats
- Highly customizable: Craft, weapons and cosmetics
- Replay Mode: For capturing and sharing amazing action clips and stills
- Online Ranked Mode: Find out how your piloting skills rate against the best in the world
- Online Tournament/Spectator Mode: For easy streaming and encouraging fun events at all levels
- Campaign: Unlock team skins, as well as more challenging tracks and speed classes
- Designers Republic partnership: Graphic designs that influenced a generation in games and music
- OST and SFX: Created by Tim Wright aka CoLD SToRAGE
- In-game VOIP, making in-game chat both easy and fun
- Hosted servers: To level the online playing field and minimize the possibility of cheating
Here’s a look at some of our photos from the booth on the convention floor.
Pacer is due to drop in 2019 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. For more info check out the game’s official website.