We’re just two sleeps away from the first day of MCM Comic Con London and that’s pretty exciting news! Here’s everything you need to know about the convention before all the action kicks off on Friday morning!
JOIN SEBASTIAN STAN, DAVID HARBOUR, STEPHEN AMELL, MISHA COLLINS & MANY MORE AT MCM LONDON COMIC CON
MCM’s flagship show and the biggest event of its kind in the UK, MCM London Comic Con storms back to ExCel London on 24-26 May for another fun-filled celebration of all things pop culture. Covering everything from movies, comics and videogames to anime, manga and cosplay, MCM London also welcomes a spectacular line-up of special guests, including:
- Sebastian Stan, star of hit Marvel movies such as Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Avengers: Infinity War and current blockbuster Avengers: Endgame;
- Arrowverse stars Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen), Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity Smoak), David Ramsey (John Diggle) and Tyler Hoechlin (Superman);
- David Harbour, best known as Sheriff Jim Hopper in acclaimed Netflix sci-fi horror series Stranger Things.
- Misha Collins, who has become a fan favourite for his role as trench coat-wearing angel Castiel on much-loved CW show Supernatural.
Other guests include Clerks cast members Jason Mewes and Brian O’Halloran; The Walking Dead’s sibling stars Madison, Matt and Macsen Lintz; Japanese manga duo Akira Himekawa and acclaimed voice actors Nolan North, Troy Baker, Elizabeth Maxwell, Aaron Dismuke, Jason Liebrecht, Lindsay Seidel and Ricco Fajardo. MCM London will also welcome a throng of comic creators, with the show’s Comic Village playing host to top talents such as Andy Price; Andy Diggle; Mike Zeck; John Beatty; Emanuela Lupacchino; Alison Sampson; Mark Texeira, Howard Mackie, Alison Sampson, Jarrett Melendez, InHyuk Lee, Alessandro Vitti, Rags Morales, Steve Lavigne, Renée Witterstaetter and Whilce Portacio.
“The first MCM London of 2019 comes to town packed with exciting exhibitors, exclusive content, interactive experiences and – of course – an awesome array of special guests,” said Josh Denham, MCM London Event Manager. “Whatever aspects of pop culture you’re into, from sci-fi films and superhero comics to the latest videogames and anime series, May’s MCM London Comic Con is the place to be!”
Other attractions include The Studio, a show area devoted to YouTube and streaming stars; an Author Corner bringing together a wide range of writers and publishers; a PopAsia area showcasing Japanese and East Asian food, fashion and culture; Cosplay Central, which for the first time features its own dedicated stage, and free-play videogame zone Side Quest. There’s also The Treehouse where families can relax and recharge, with books and free face painting to entertain your smallest superheroes – so make sure you take advantage of our fantastic ‘Kids Go Free’ offer*! Visitors will also get the chance to:
- Celebrate 25 years of Kevin Smith comedy Clerks with a special reunion panel featuring Jason Mewes, Brian O’Halloran, Marilyn Ghigliotti and Scott Schiaffo;
- Watch the Cosplay Masquerades, where super-talented cosplayers from across the UK and further afield showcase their amazing handmade costumes on stage;
- Enjoy a special live D&D show with the Outside Xbox crew, as Dungeon Master Johnny Chiodini takes the ragtag Oxventurers on their latest perilous quest; and
- Do the time warp (again) at our Friday sing-along screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Richard O’Brien’s sinfully sexy salute to sci-fi and schlock horror.
* ‘Kids Go Free’ Family Offer
Up to two children aged 10 and under get into the show for free with all ticket holders.
About MCM Comic Con
MCM Comic Con is the leading pop culture event organiser in the UK, within ReedPOP, dedicated to producing experiential fan events and bringing together a broad and creative scope of popular culture. The MCM portfolio includes MCM London Comic Con, MCM Birmingham Comic Con, MCM Manchester Comic Con and MCM Scotland Comic Con. The team at MCM are a diverse squad of event professionals with specialist superpowers, uniting to deliver innovative pop culture experiences. Ultimately, they are fellow fans devoted to celebrating fans and the world of pop culture. (www.mcmcomiccon.com)
ReedPOP is a boutique group within Reed Exhibitions – the world’s leading event organizer. Launched in 2006, the group has become the number one producer of pop culture events across the globe as well as a full service digital content provider and media company. Delivering once-in-a-lifetime fan experiences curated specifically for localized audiences, ReedPOP currently features events in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, India, Africa and Australia, including: New York Comic Con (NYCC), Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2), PAX West, East, South and Australia, Emerald City Comic Con (ECCC), MCM Comic Con, BookCon, Oz Comic Con, Eurogamer Expo (EGX), Comic Con India, Comic Con Paris, Comic Con Seoul, Comic Con Africa, Star Wars Celebration, and ComplexCon. In addition to organizing and managing events, ReedPOP also runs and operates the Gamer Network and its portfolio of leading gaming websites including Eurogamer, Rock Paper Shotgun and GamesIndustry.Biz. The staff at ReedPOP are a fan-based, globally focused group of professionals that are uniquely qualified to build and serve the communities with whom they share a common passion. (www.reedpop.com).